I am Dale Pearlman, MD, a Stanford University trained doctor and specialist in dermatology. My office is in Menlo Park, California.
This website summarizes my research in the treatment of head lice. I hope you find it helpful.
What is the Nuvo Method for treating head lice?
The Nuvo Method is a breakthrough in the diagnosis and treatment of head lice. I described it in my research research study that appeared in the September 2004 issue of the journal Pediatrics. The Nuvo method was 96% effective even though it involved no poisons and required only minimal household cleanup.
The lotion used in the research was Cetaphil® Gentle Skin Cleanser, a widely sold, soap-less cleanser for people with sensitive skin. For full directions for using the Nuvo Method with Cetaphil Cleanser, go to my Instructions page.
Reliable treatment for head lice
Standard over-the-counter treatments such as Nix® and Rid®, which poison the lice, often fail to cure because of the emergence of new strains of head lice which are resistant to the poisons. The Nuvo Method, when used correctly, suffocates the lice and has been shown to clear up 96% of head lice infestations. (The remaining 4% are cleared with an additional treatment.)
Accurate diagnosis is the key to clearing up cases of persistent head lice. The Nuvo Method includes an optional Lice Identification Test (LIT), which accurately finds lice and proves the child is infested now. The LIT can also disprove misdiagnoses which result from having nits from a prior infestation or dandruff stuck on hair.
Check out Recommended Supplies page for a low cost, convenient way to order the supplies needed for the Nuvo Method treatment of head lice. If you order from Amazon via our links, a small portion of your purchase goes to support this website, but the amount you pay remains the same.
Does your child have eczema?
Dr. Pearlman’s latest invention is a new treatment for eczema. Go to orliderm-eczema-treatment.com to learn how to make Orliderm eczema ointment at home from over-the-counter ingredients. The ointment contains no prescription cortisone, no prescription steroids.
This web site is provided by Dr. Dale Pearlman and his associates for informational purposes and any information provided on this web site does not constitute medical advice or recommendation for treatment. By visiting or using Dr. Pearlman’s site (Nuvoforheadlice.com) or other Nuvo services (“Nuvo Services” or “Services”), you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions on our legal page.
The Nuvo Method for treating and diagnosing head lice has not been evaluated or approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Cetaphil® is a trademark of Galderma Laboratories, L.P. United States, which has not reviewed or endorsed the material on this web site.